02 November 2011

Madrid Shopping: MAN 1924

While in Madrid this week, I've spent each afternoon discovering different areas of the city in hopes of finding unique shops and restaurants. Today, I made my way to MAN 1924 in the Salamanca shopping district; it has quickly become my new favorite store 

 
I had the pleasure of meeting Spanish-based owner Carlos Castillo, whose passion for style is magnificently infectious. He was incredibly kind to chat with me, even showed me around his new website that launched today MAN1924.com. His use of color, texture and pattern presents an infinite number of possibilities for the stylish modern man. 


I found a green silk bowtie with blue centered double stripe that will complement so many looks I can pull together from my closet. Impeccably constructed and thoughtfully designed, each piece in MAN 1924 whether urban, city or formal is quite wonderful.


A pair of slim fitting navy trousers called my name as well. They're the perfect length above the ankle in current European fashion. MAN 1924 is more wearable than Brooks Brothers, more affordable than Zegna and more modernly styled than J Crew. 


A vintage vibe finds its way into many pieces, and the fun thing is you can then easily mix these with a bright blue vest or orange pant to achieve an eclectic, ruggedly refined look. Be sure and check it out if you're in Madrid or 'til then visit MAN1924.com, quick preview below.


1 comment: