27 February 2013

Oscar Fashion 2013

One of my favorite events of the year has arrived: The Academy Awards Red Carpet!  Oscar fashions are always a topic of conversation and inspiration.  The most current looks, good and bad, are paraded in a gorgeous display as the stars make their way into the theatre.  All of the top designers are represented, new trends emerge and fashionistas worldwide take note for their own adaptations and applications.  Below is a clip from Nashville News 2 where I had the pleasure of speaking on my thoughts of the evening. 


My favorite look of the night went to Stacy Keibler, pictured here below.  Her choice of this Naeem Kahn dress is stunning, which comes as no surprise as I later learned that the amazing Brad Goreski hand selected this for her.  The juxtaposition of '20s inspired draping and glamour with coarse industrial elements really caught my eye.  It is unique and edgy, but also classic and beautiful.  Flawless in my opinion.  She may not leave with an Oscar, but don't feel too bad for her- she takes home George Clooney and this amazing gown.


No comments:

Post a Comment