08 May 2013

Teresa Aikens at Epiphany Design Studio

I am happy to let you all know that two of my favorite things have recently come together: my mom's artwork and Nashville's design studio Epiphany!  

My mom, Teresa Aikens, is a well respected arts educator from Mississippi who is gifted in so many different mediums: oil, sculpture, calligraphy, watercolor, etc...  Prior to her teaching career, she studied the origins and evolution of all types of art in college and beyond.  She has won Teacher of the Year awards, been commissioned for works at residential and commercial locations and was recently mentioned in Mississippi Magazine for her contributions to April's featured home.


Here are some of the paintings currently for sale at Epiphany in Nashville:




I know I am biased, but I also know these are truly beautiful works.  Using a flow technique, multiple layers of acrylic paint, traces of subtle iridescent elements and most importantly her artistic instinct, she pours her heart and talent into these- transforming each canvas into a delicious visual treat.  

As I have this one in my home, I can speak from experience when I say that its modern, abstract, fresh and subtle qualities are a perfect complement for Epiphany's style.  My home is filled with pieces from Epiphany that I love, so it's a thrill to see her works now placed throughout the showroom- kinda feels like home!


Stop by Epiphany to see them in person and pick one up for your home.

Epiphany Design Studio  
2115 8th Avenue South  |  Nashville, TN 37204  |  615.385.3289

No comments:

Post a Comment